An excellent opportunity has arisen for a 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
What you’ll do
- Providing an effective and proactive escalation point for our office based Service Desk team and any other channel as directed by management.
- Provide initial Service Desk support when required.
- Provide on-site support as required in order to resolve customer issues.
- Escalating tickets as and when required using internal guidelines.
- You will assess the customers requirements, accurately record the details in our Service Desk system, resolve issues and admin requests and be comfortable to work with more senior colleagues on more challenging issues.
- Liaising with partners and third parties to resolve customer issues.
- Conducting personal queue and ticket triage and management
- Carry out installations and configurations of IT equipment as requested by Service Desk Manager and complete all relevant documentation
- SCCM PC & Laptop builds required for installation (as required)
- Successfully diagnose and troubleshoot network equipment, hardware and software issues
- Periodic overnight travel will be required as install locations are across the UK
- Complete all assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner and act as an ambassador for the organisation
Have you got what it takes?
- A confident individual with excellent customer service skills including effective listening, patience, empathy and diplomacy as well as being an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with strong communication skills
- Experience in a desk based Service Desk environment and a similar field based technical role
For more information please see: 2nd Line Servicedesk Field Engineer