An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager based in Bolton. The principle purpose of the role shall be to lead and manage the accounts department to perform all financial operations of the company.
What you’ll do
- Day to day management, development and appraisal of the accounts department including purchase ledger, sales ledger, subcontract ledger and payroll disciplines
- Co-ordination and execution of month-end processing routines, postings and reconciliations in line with a strict reporting timescale
- Check and authorise Purchase ledger and Subcontract ledger payment runs
- Complete VAT returns
- Provide technical expertise and solutions on financial systems and processes
- Liaise with external auditors at year end
- Oversee weekly payroll processing
- Process monthly payroll and time allocation as well as all related statutory period-end payments and returns.
- Assist with internal audit processes and reporting
- Ensure compliance with relevant current legislation and consider and manage impacts of future legislation compliance challenges
- Continual consideration and implementation of robust financial systems and processes. Further development and refinement of financial systems in line with technological advances
Have you got what it takes?
- CIMA Qualified or equivalent
- Experience of leading a busy accounts / finance function
- Experience of producing regular financial reports, interpretation and analysis
- IT Literate with advanced Excel skills and a problem-solving attitude
- Payroll and CIS experience desirable but not essential
- Proven track record in delivering innovative solutions desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of VAT and other HMRC compliance matters (P11ds, tax returns, etc)
For more information and to apply please see: Finance Manager