An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Painter.
What you’ll do
• Prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping and sanding; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls and joinery by applying fillers/ sealant.
• Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product.
• Applying protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer and/or other related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of the buildings, furniture, equipment and other structures ensuring compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
• Apply paint or other materials, such as stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish, metal coating or fire retardant using brushes, rollers or spray equipment.
• Measure, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls.
• Cleaning equipment, paint mixing area and work area.
• Ensuring the use of dustsheets to protect areas from dripping paint and other mess.
• Liaise and work with all other trades as required.
Have you got what it takes?
• Professional conduct and behaviours.
• Desire to complete relevant qualifications and assessments.
• Good attendance records.
• Ability to follow Health & Safety procedures.
• Manual dexterity.
• Good communication skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
For more information and to apply please see: Apprentice Painter 2019Apply Now