A new single storey main entrance to Northampton’s main district hospital with added retail facilities.
The project, which Seddon sucessfully won through a competitive tender process. Included a new modular retail entrance area to the main NHS Trust Hospital.
Based in Northampton City Centre, the scheme was undertaken in a live hospital environment meaning all pedestrian, vehicular and delivery routes had to be maintained at all times. These access routes were maintained by providing a temporary pedestrian walkway into the hospital for the general public and staff.
In order to create the space for the new retail building, it involved re-aligning the existing hospital access road with multiple service and drainage diversions. Along with the hospitals main oxygen supply line and demolition of several existing hospital outbuildings along with alterations and extensions to the hospital parking facilities.
- Hospital remained open as normal throughout the project
- Re-aligning of the main access road to the hospital
- New landscape works were delivered
- Re-planning of some of the exisiting car park facilities
- The Project involved working alongside adjacent contractors
- Excellent relationship between Seddon and the client Noviniti