The Bolton Family, a group of public and private sector organisations who work together to ensure social value is at the forefront of their businesses and work closely with local community providers to help deliver initiatives that benefit the communities in which they work.
This week during Responsible Business Week the group are promoting the Bolton 2030 Vision by supporting the following events:-
- Supporting Bolton Expo on Tue 24 April 4.30 pm – 8.00 pm via The Working Wardrobe, delivered by Dawn Juson aiming to provide support to the long term unemployed members of the community in Bolton. The Bolton Family are committed to providing stock and mentoring for the initiative.
- Supporting the creation of the “Social Business Collective” Launch Wed 25 April 5.30 pm which will bring together small businesses who want to make a social impact in Bolton. By working together they want to maximise the social value they create. The launch of the group will take place at “A Small Good Thing” 29 Church Rd, Bolton, on 25 April at 5.30 pm where the benefits of social value will be detailed to local businesses. The group will have representation within the Bolton Family and will help to contribute to successful initiatives that include; The BL18 Initiative, Working Wardrobe & Seddy Bear’s Picnic all delivered ensuring positive impact on the local community.
- Supporting Bolton Hospice’s Bucket Collection Sessions on 26/26/27 April 10 – 4pm – members of the Bolton Family will be supporting Bolton Hospice by taking part in their bucket collection and bag packing event at Morrisons Supermarket on Mornington Rd, Bolton.
Since forming in November 2014, the group has worked on several community projects within the Bolton area in close collaboration with charity organisation, Urban Outreach.
The group’s work places particular emphasis on food poverty, homelessness, training and employment and ensures initiatives underpins the Bolton 2030 Vision.
Dave Singleton, Chair of the Bolton 2030 Vision comments “The Bolton Family is a key group underpinning the delivery of the Bolton 2030 Vision helping to make Bolton a Strong, Vibrant and Prosperous place to live”
Key highlights over the past year include:
- Helping to provide over four tonnes of food for the annual Bolton food bank drive
- Assisting in the provision of packed lunches for over 4,000 children during the summer holidays
- Organising annual Seddy Bear’s Picnic events for over 400 children
- Working Wardrobe Clothes Drive
The Family currently meet approximately 6 times a year and is chaired by Vanessa Barlow, Socially Responsible Manager at Seddon, who said “Responsible Business Week provides an opportunity both to highlight the existing need within our communities and the fabulous collaborative work that is undertaken by groups such as the Bolton Family.”